Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2009

St. Nikolaus day

hello everyone!

Today is St. Nikolaus day here in Germany. I've read on Claudias blog how they celebrated that day when she was younger. I'M from Germany too and we celebrated (and still celebrate) it a different way. So this is how we celebrate it:

Our kids have to clean their shoes the evening before Dec 6. Nikolaus (who isn't santa clause by the way, it's St. Nikolaus - Santa Clause is Wihnachtsmann, but Nikolaus is just a friend of Santa), anyway... the kids have to clean their shoes because St. Nikolaus doesn't put presents in dirty shoes. So St. Nikolaus shows up at night and fill the shoes with little presents. naughty kids could probably get a present which they don't want to have (wood, coal or something else), nice kids get little presents.

I used to love this when I was a kid, now I love to spoil my nephews and it's still sooo much fun, all the preparations for that special day :-)

btw, I've been a good girl this year, haha. I got some candy and some perfume... I was pretty surprised to find the things in my shoes, haha.

So this is my story, hope you don't mind.

Sandra

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hey ihr Lieben,
Schön, dass ihr den Weg zu mir gefunden habt.
*********
hello crafters
welcome to my blog. I really appreciate that you visit my blog.

hugs
Sandra